- CHURCH HISTORY -
In 1953, Kelham Avenue Baptist Church in Oklahoma City planted a church on Hillcrest street in Moore and named it Lockhoma Baptist Mission. This mission church was blessed by God and grew to the point that they felt they could move from being a mission to a church. In 1961, Lockhoma Baptist Mission constituted a church. The church continued to grow to the point that more space and better facilities were required, so the members of Lockhoma Baptist Church voted to relocate the church to a new residential development located in Moore which was named Regency Park. In January 1963, the church finalized the purchase of the property on the corner of NE 20th and Janeway. After acquiring the property in the Regency Park addition, the church voted to change its name to Regency Park Baptist Church. Through the years, as the church continued to grow, requiring several new buildings to be built in order to keep up with the needs of the church.
On May 3, 1999, the sanctuary and the fellowship hall were completely destroyed by an F-5 tornado. The education building, although heavily damaged, was left standing and deemed repairable. After a time of prayer and searching for God’s Will, it became evident that God was not through with Regency Park Baptist Church in its current location. The church then voted to repair the education building and rebuild facilities that would include a new sanctuary, fellowship hall, and gym. The new facilities were completed and moved into in December of 2002. In 2010, Regency Park Baptist Church entered a capital fundraising campaign called ‘2020 Vision.’ A major focus of ‘2020 Vision’ is to build a new fellowship hall/education building to accommodate both our current and future growth, as we continue to minister to the Moore community.